Environment and beach
No mass tourism but eco tourism. Villa Merah is in the immediate vicinity of the neighbouring national park. The sea of Pemuteran is full of splendid coral reefs and tropical fish in an amazing display of colour. Pemuteran is situated at a breathtaking bay of the Balinese sea not yet discovered by hordes of tourists. On the tropical beach sunshades are not necessary: the abundant trees provide natural shade. If you order food or drinks at one of the resorts, the staff in charge of the deckchairs will give you one for free. It is a ten-minute-walk from villa Merah to the sea. Just follow the well-shaded 800 metres sand path.
On the beach of Pemuteran are excellent restaurants, which serve up international delicacies; Indonesian, Thai and even Greek, it is all possible. Prefer fusion cooking? The hotel Mata Hari is keeping up a well-deserved good name! Do you like tasty, original and simple food for a fair price, then you should try one of the warungs off the road.
Things to do and places to visit
Pemuteran offers you several places of interest and activities.
And to create a proper atmosphere:
- The temple Pura Pulaki houses a large monkey colony
- The breathtaking temple Pura Melanting at the foot of the hills
- Renting a moped to see the outstanding natural beauty
- Take some snorkelling and diving lessons
- Snorkeling around Menjangan Island
- Ride horseback from the stables near villa Merah
- Visit Sambangan waterfalls one hour travel from Pemuteran
- Visit North Bali Pearls pearl cultivation
- Spot dolphins at sea or visit the dolphin show in Lovin
- Admire turtles at the Turtle Hatchery Project
- Enjoy Balinese dancers on Saturday nights in Pemuteran
- Enjoy a massage at Pondok Sari or Taman Sari Spa on the beach
- Watch the sunset from Bali Tower with breathtaking view over Java